Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Vacation

Longwood Gardens Kennett Square, PA
It's been longer than usual because I was on 'vacation.' It all started when I read about Ladew Topiary Gardens and realized that it was nearby in Maryland (It was so good I visited twice!)  Hillwood Estate & Gardens is just a few minutes away so I checked that off the list. Then it expanded to Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania and while I was there I figured why not see a Phillies game, run the Rocky steps, talk to the Curator of plants at Longwood, eat a cheesesteak, eat at Domani Star, see an Oriole Bird in the wild? Check, check, check, check, check and check!  Then I thought, "Let's see see the new section of the Highline in New York's Meatpacking district, and go to the New York Botanic Garden."  Considered catching a Yankees/Red Sox game, but couldn't stand the idea of setting foot in their stadium and adding my precious dollars to their swollen pocketbook.  In between I got to eat my first and second Chesapeake Bay blue crabs of the season, and was lucky enough to see the National Ballet of Cuba AND the Royal Danish Ballet perform at the John F. Kennedy Center in the same week!  Both productions were inspiring enough to send me back to the ballet studio.  Well inspiring enough to make me think about going back in the studio... my pointe shoes are still in the closet, but both ballet companies showcased what has made them legendary. Cherry on top of all this? The friends who ran around with me and made all the adventures possible.

The Highline NYC
Eventually, I ended up at the beach and just sat there for four whole days...Well if you don't count going to a different beach every day, watching the Osprey, going on a boat and forgetting to re-apply the sunscreen, all the while contemplating what's coming next.


NY Botanic Garden the Bronx, NY

"Yo Adrian!"

No comments:

Post a Comment